Greetings of IT Department
The good news is that the Government Technical College (Shwebo) Information Technology Department is nurturing human resources such as technical and vocational experts.
Information technology (IT) is the application of computers to store, study, retrieve, transmit and manipulate data or information often in the context of business or other enterprise. In its simplest terms, IT is the application of computers and other electronic equipment to receive, store, retrieve, transmit and manipulate data. IT is considered a subset of information and communications technology (ICT).
The role and importance of information technology in our society are Business,Education,Finance,Healthcare, Security, Communication and Employment.
So, Information Technology (IT) plays a vital role in today’s personal, commercial and not-for profit uses.
- To know and understand computer maintence techniques
- To be able to understand programming subject and write programs skillfully
- To understand web design and web development subjects and create more practical web applications
- To understand the basics of network, computer network administration and network system administration
35 hours /week, 30 weeks/ year
Practical, Job Examinations, Semester Examinations, Projects, and Industrial Trainings.
- Exam Marks (81-100) => Grade “A”
- Exam Marks (61-80) => Grade “B”
- Exam Marks (41-60) => Grade “C”
- Exam Marks (21-40) => Grade “D”
- Exam Marks (0-20) => Grade “E”
Upon successful completion of the Diploma in Information Technology, they will be able to work as a programmer, network engineer, network system administrator and web developer.